Some Resume Highlights:
Web Editor and Teaching Assistant at WUFT News | August 2016 – Present
- As a teaching assistant for the University of Florida’s College of Journalism and Communications, I work in the Innovation News Center, which produces WUFT news for TV, radio and the web. I am edit web content and coach undergraduate students who through their classwork are contributors to WUFT.
PATH Adviser for the UF College of Journalism and Communications | August 2015 – December 2016
- I worked as a graduate assistant in the College of Journalism and Communications’ PATH Advising office, advising undergraduate students, helping them map out their academic plans and career advising.
Electionland J-School Lead and Project Manager at UF | October 2016 – November 2016
- In a partnership between ProPublica, FirstDraft, Google News and hundreds of reporters and journalism schools’ across the country, I was the j-school lead at the University of Florida. I trained a team of undergraduate students on social media verification tools and carried out one of the largest social media monitoring initiatives on Election Day 2016, combing, verifying and reporting incidences of voter fraud, suppression and other voting issues founds in the entire state of Florida.
Reporting Intern at Chalkbeat Indiana | June 2016 – August 2016
- As a reporting intern, I write daily stories and enterprise pieces on education, policy and equity in Indianapolis and the state as a whole, with a specific focus on preschool and early learning and the roles of school counselors. I also help manage social media, our bureau’s newsletter, and communicate & collaborate with other reporters, both in our bureau and nationally.
Contributing Writer for Our Town Magazine | November 2015 – October 2016
- As a freelance writer/reporter, I contribute articles to Our Town magazine, part of Tower Publications, Inc. on a variety of subjects for magazines distributed to residents of North Central Florida.
Correspondent for The Gainesville Sun | August 2015 – January 2016
- As part of my master’s degree program at the University of Florida, I am an intern at The Gainesville Sun for the Fall 2015 semester, working under the education reporter and reporting on local education news and the Alachua County School Board.
AmeriCorps VISTA at Heart of Florida United Way | May 2015 – July 2015
- After serving a year with City Year Orlando, I worked as an AmeriCorps VISTA member in partnership with the United Way and Orange County Public School’s Summer Learning Academies to provide academic instruction to students, in grades kindergarten through eighth grade, at Jackson Community Center’s summer camp in the Parramore neighborhood.
AmeriCorps Member at City Year Orlando | July 2014 – June 2015
- I serve as a full-time tutor, mentor and literacy coordinator, focusing on attendance, behavior and course performance, in a ninth grade intensive reading class at Maynard Evans High School in Orlando, Fla. I lesson plan, facilitate interventions with students, draft and edit service briefings, organize literacy initiatives and events and plan outside service events through a Service Reserves committee.
AmeriCorps Member at Notre Dame Mission Volunteers AmeriCorps | September 2013 – July 2014
- I provided tutoring and small group instruction to high school students at Apopka High and adult GED students, as well as volunteered for various service events and programs hosted by the Hope CommUnity Center, aimed specifically at immigrants and migrant workers in Central Florida.
Reporter for Miami Today | July 2013 – September 2013
- I wrote news stories for the weekly newspaper, covering a variety of topics from international business and real estate to healthcare and education.